CES 2023 Innovation Award winner TrueKinetix TrueTrainer is the world’s first robotics-based indoor trainer designed to mimic the strain of outdoor cycling.
TrueKinetix TrueTrainer is unlike any other indoor cycling trainer; it helps you experience all the perks of outdoor cycling in your living room. You get customized and fast indoor cycling training that works.
With its patented robotics and AI-based True-force technology, the trainer mimics the strain and realistic paddle force you would experience in outdoor cycling. Compared to traditional trainers, TrueKinetix TrueTrainer leans away from the industry-standard flywheel and relies on robotics for 20 times better responsiveness, 4 times better precision, and around 5 times fewer simulation errors.
TrueKinetix TrueTrainer and the dawn of robotics-based indoor cycling
Here’s why we think TrueKinetix TrueTrainer is going to revolutionize indoor cycling:
- It generates realistic resistance and strain that you would experience in outdoor cycling. It is designed to generate 2600 watts of resistance.
- It can easily simulate a 15% gradient, enough for any third-party software, including Zwift, Rouvy, and TrainerRoad.
- Its unique virtual gears allow you to select any crankset and rear cassette regardless of the physical cassette and chainrings on the bike. The mechanical models scale the pedal force based on the selected gears, allowing you to ride the gearset of your choice without changing cassettes. In other words, you can virtually customize your gearing in the TrueTrainer app without changing the cassette.
- The trainer runs on your energy as you work out, so there’s no need for charging. Additionally, the residual energy can be used for charging connected USB devices.
- The trainer displays your complete performance data on any monitor or screen through an HDMI port.
- For the first time in the history of indoor trainers, there is no need for external devices such as phones, cycling computers, and watches. The trainer uploads and updates data to the cloud and any third-party platforms.
TrueTrainer Specs at a glance
|Drive system||TrueForce Technology|
|Max resistance||2600 watt|
|Cassette||8 – 12 speed|
|Suitable axles||Quick Release (130 mm and 135 mm) & Thru Axle (142 mm and 148 mm)|
|Power outlet||Self-charging when training, delivered with own adapter|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, ANT+ and WiFi|
|Firmware updates||Over-the-air updates|
Trusted by Olympic athletes like Anna van der Breggen, TrueKinetix TrueTrainer is designed to help you experience AI-powered cycling indoors in a way never done before. And perhaps this is why it is the only indoor smart trainer to win a CES Innovation award.
TrueKinetix is a Dutch technology company established in 2017 by Bas Van Rens, a sports-tech entrepreneur who understands the pains of training indoors. After losing a championship all because of training the wrong muscles on a flywheel-based indoor bike, he decided to invest in manufacturing indoor cycling gear that would address the intricate problems in flywheel bikes. The innovations that followed made TrueKinetix a recipient of numerous accolades: The Bike Motion Award, The Dutch Sports Innovation Award, and the 2023 CES Innovation award.
TrueKinetix TrueTrainer will be on display at Venetian Expo, level 2 Hall A-D, booth 55332. It made its US debut on January 3 at CES Las Vegas.
For more information, visit https://truekinetix.com/products/truetrainer/.